Mom and Pop Grant
Apply for the Mom and Pop Grant
- Call 311 or go to MiamiDade.gov to find your district.
- Visit the following website for application availability and deadlines.
- Small owned and operated businesses can apply to receive Mom and Pop Small Business Grant funds.
- Mom and Pop Grants are administered in collaboration with the county commission district office where the business is located.
The money can be used for the following.
- Buy equipment, supplies, and inventory
- Building liability insurance
- Security systems
- Making minor renovations
OLCDC Business Fund | Community Fund of North Miami-Dade
Learn More About the OLCDC Business Fund
780 Fisherman Street, Suite 250, Opa-locka, FL 33054
Office served by Tri-Rail Opa-Locka Station
Ph: (305) 687-3545 ext 238
- Support small minority-owned businesses located in low-to-moderate income communities in South Florida.
- Provides technical assistance in the form of one-on-one counseling and workshops, as well as alternative financing options.
- Resource Center
- Business Classes train you in SEO, Marketing, Business Planning.
- Creates an opportunity to Pitch to bankers, and community-oriented opportunities.
Learn More About Operation Hope
11500 NW 12th Ave,
Miami, FL 33168
Phone: 305-442-8306 ext.2014
- Personal and Business Funding Assistance for entrepreneurs having a difficult time.
- Vehicle purchasing system
- Assists if your vehicle requires repairs.
- MicroBusiness Coach is an invaluable resource
Small Business Training & Consulting Services include:
- Business Planning
- Accounting & Compliance
- Concept Development
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Business Process
- Market Research
- Product Development
- Competitor Analysis
- Marketing Material
- Business Taxation
- Insurance & Licensing
- Financial Modeling
- Quickbooks Setup & Maintenance
Miami Bayside Foundation
Learn More Miami Bayside Foundation
- Education Business Development
- Micro Loans
- Black Business Loans
- Business consulting
- Strategic Financial and Business Planning
- Access to work with partners and develop from similar business structures
Rise Miami Dade Fund
Learn about the Rise Miami Dade Fund
- Operate in Miami-Dade County.
- Be in operation for at least two years.
- Have gross sales of less than $5,000,000.
- Have 50 or fewer employees/independent contractors.
Partners for Self Employment
Learn more about Partners for Self Employment
Anyone can have a good idea, but it takes more than ideas to make a business successful. It takes confidence, knowledge, and most importantly, an understanding of finances. For start-up businesses trying to establish roots and small businesses looking to expand, Partners For Self Employment offers two distinct Loan Programs.
Tools for Change
Learn More About Tools for Change
Tools for Change (TFC), is a non-profit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that provides microloans, small business loans, training, technical assistance, and development services to under-served entrepreneurs. Our programs include:
Incubator CREATE Program MDC
Learn About the CREATE Program
CREATE is a go-to-market business training course where participants refine their existing prototypes through experiential learning and customer validation.
11200 SW 8th Street, MARC 3rd Floor
Miami. FL 33199
StartUP FIU is a university-wide innovation hub that fosters and develops entrepreneurship and innovation to help our students, researchers, and community.
- StartUP FIU Food is a partnership with the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Leverage a state-of-the-art commercial kitchen and technical assistance to help food entrepreneurs
- Seeded by Citi Foundation and sustained through Citi Community Development.
- Provides technical assistance & capacity building to local, small, and minority-owned businesses
- Includes access to capital, financial, marketing, business development, technology, human resources & legal services.