Married to Health
James and Dhalia Marin from Married to Health join us to talk about differences between Dietitians and Nutritionists, Vegan Myths, Gut Health, SIBO, raising a vegan child, their project with Dr. Angie Sadeghi and influencers leaving the vegan lifestyle.
Joining as co-host for this episode is our Media Coordinator, Alba Mendez.
Remember to like, share and leave a review for this podcast.
Topics Discussed with Married to Health
- James Marin, RD, EN Bio: “James is a Holistic Registered Dietitian who specializes in using whole plant-foods as a form of medical nutrition therapy. James has used his knowledge of food and the environment to help hundreds of his patients prevent and reverse diseases like Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease, and a variety of gastrointestinal issues. His approach takes into account family, stress, nutrition habits, environment, and work life to come up with a tailored approach for each of his patients
- Dahlia Marin, RDN Bio: “Dahlia Marin is a Plant Based Registered Dietitian / Nutritionist, who has used food as medicine on a whole food plant based diet for the past 8 years to overcome pre-diabetes, PCOS, GI issues, obesity, and Hashimoto’s Hypothyroidism, and have a healthy plant-based pregnancy. She is passionate about healing the gut, as it is a key to healing the entire body. She uses her own health story and clinical experience working with clients from a multitude of backgrounds and health conditions to get to the root of what ails them, helping to find true healing and well-being. Your Gut Connection
- Dietitians and Nutritionist
- What’s the difference between registered dietitians and nutritionists.
- Education of dietitians, some don’t know about a vegan diet.
- Vegan Myths
- Let’s talk sugar, refined sugar, sugar from fruits
- Diet foods, fat-free, worst than regular
- Mastering Diabetes
- Are people afraid of fiber?
- Children and Veganism
- Raising children vegan/WFPB Can they get all the minerals like Calcium during their growth from plants?
- SIBO Program
- The collaboration with Doctor Angie
- Your Gut Connection
- Vegan Nutrition
- D3, B12, Omega
- 3 Na+ (Sodium)
- Carbs, fats
- Spirulina from Go Spiral Farms
- Services offered
About SoFlo Vegans Podcast
The SoFlo Vegans Podcast is your gateway to what’s happening in the world of veganism. We feature prominent names in the global vegan community including the likes of Earthling Ed, Ingrid Newkirk, Dr. Michael Klapper, and also showcase leaders in the South Florida community, providing answers to your questions about going or staying vegan. Listeners can submit questions using our voice line and hear their questions featured on our show.
About Sean Russell
Sean Russell is an entrepreneur, media producer and founder of SoFlo Vegans. He’s been producing podcasts since 2007 and is dedicated to teaching leaders effective communications through his company, Lesaruss Media.
Become a SoFlo Vegan
Help SoFlo Vegans continue to support local vegan-friendly businesses by becoming a member of Patreon. Contributions begin at $2 a month.